There’s no exact formula to stop aging from happening. However, facelift surgery here at our Las Vegas facial rejuvenation practice can significantly reduce the signs associated with aging — from sagging facial skin to loose underlying muscles and can help soften deep wrinkles and creases.
Understanding its Basic Components
Before making the decision to have a facelift, it pays to understand what happens during the procedure. By doing so, you will find it less challenging to prepare for the procedure.
Although there are various types of facelift techniques, the following components are central to a quality facelift:
- Removal or redistribution of extra facial fat which contributes to the appearance of jowls.
- Tightening and lifting of the underlying facial muscles.
- Repositioning of excess facial skin. This is a crucial element to the procedure and an inexperienced facelift surgeon may not be able to thoroughly perform this part, making the face appear “windblown”.
Ask Yourself Before Making the Decision
In addition to understanding the basic elements of a facelift, you might also want to ask yourself the following before making the final decision to have surgery:
- Am I a good candidate of the procedure? Or do I need to take certain steps to make myself an ideal candidate for the surgery?
- What specific outcomes do I want from the procedure?
- Which type of facelift will help me achieve the outcomes I want?
- How long should I stay off from work or school for recovery?
- Am I comfortable with the plastic surgeon of my choice?
- What are the possible risks associated with the procedure?
- How long will the results last?
- Are there any other procedures that can be done together with the facelift that will help achieve my desired outcomes?
Your Individualized Facial Rejuvenation Plan at the Herte Center for Cosmetic Surgery
An in-depth consultation with Dr. Mary Herte will help you answer these questions and decide if a facelift is your best choice for turning back the clock while preserving your natural individuality and giving you that youthful boost.
Schedule your consultation with us and Dr. Herte will help you come up with an individualized facial rejuvenation plan! Call us at 702.732.9600 or by filling out this contact form to schedule an appointment. We look forward to your visit!