Plastic surgery has certainly come a long way since the first documented breast enhancement surgery in 1895. Recent statistics by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reveal that more than 10 billion cosmetic procedures, both surgical and non-surgical, were performed in 2014. Also, the number of men who are seeking cosmetic procedures has skyrocketed — a 45 percent increase in a span of five years.
- Keep in mind that plastic surgery recovery varies from one procedure to another and the technique used by the surgeon. Take a facelift, for example. Most patients can return to work two weeks after the procedure. However, downtime may be shorter for patients who choose to have minimal incisions with their facelift, while it could be longer in patients who opt to have other procedures along with their facelift.
- An individual’s recovery period is also influenced by his or her general state of health and lifestyle habits.
- Getting enough sleep and rest is crucial to faster recovery. Sleeping is your body’s way of regenerating new tissues and collagen to accelerate healing.
- Hydration and your nutrition should not be overlooked during recovery. Your body needs all the outside support it can get to heal itself.
- Bruising and swelling are common following surgery. Both can be significantly reduced by wearing compression garments. We also recommend VitaMedica’s Healing Kit (Arnica and Bromelain) which is available at our Las Vegas plastic surgery practice.
- Dr. Herte and the staff at the Herte Center for Cosmetic Surgery always create a customized recovery plan for our patients.
For more information on recovery of specific surgeries and procedures, give us a call to schedule an appointment.